Enter your email address for the latest information:
User call-to-action on front page.
Spring Home Safety Tips
Date: April 18, 2016
Spring is upon us and most of you are working on making your yard beautiful from the harsh Winter weather. While working in your yard, there are a few safety tips to remember to keep your property safe and deter criminals.
1. Plant prickly evergreens beneath first floor windows.
2. Consider building a fence to surround the perimeter of your property. If you already have one, spruce it up from Winter wear and tear.
3. If you have hedges, trim them back to look healthy and beautiful to prevent giving criminals a hiding place.
4. Clean your walkways by cleaning up weeds and overgrowth. Having a clear path will not give criminals a place to hide.
5. Use your lights. A high electricity bill may deter you from leaving exterior lights on at night, but there are alternatives to electric lights.
a. Look into replacing your outdoor lights with compact florescent bulbs, motion sensor lights, low voltage pathway light or solar lights. You can save energy without sacrificing security.
6. Next time you pull into your driveway at night, look to see if your house numbers are clearly visible. In case of emergency, would emergency services know how to find you?
7. While you are spring cleaning, take pictures of your most valuable items and their make, model and serial numbers. This information is useful for filing insurance claims.
8. Install a home alarm system. There are many cost effective options from reputable brands available.
Stay safe this Spring while having your home look beautiful.