Fall has arrived! With temperatures dropping across the country, it’s time to take some precautions before you begin to heat your homes.
• Get your furnace serviced
• Have your fireplace checked
• Make sure space heaters are working properly and place them away from all objects when in use and make sure it is well ventilated
A few more tips for preparing for Fall:
• Be safe while cleaning up fallen leaves. Don’t burn them. Reports show that burning leaves produces dangerous and cancer causing chemicals.
• Use caution when using candles. Candles are a great way to give a room a warm glow, but they can also cause fires. Almost 10,000 home fires start with improper candle use. Never leave candles burning if you go to sleep or leave and keep them away from pets and kids.